Saturday, November 16, 2013

Mini-thoughts: Sims 4

I don't know how to feel about Sims 4 right now. The Create-A-Sim looks great with being able to take body parts and drag them to look exactly like you want. The home building looks cool, especially being able to take a whole room and move it where you want it. My God, how useful that would have been in my TS2 houses.

BUT

I don't like the look of the sims themselves. They look like they were made for a Facebook game or a phone app. I almost prefer the puddin-faces of Sims 3. I'm sure there will be some very talented creators to make them look a little less Facebook-ish, so long as EA reverts back to how easy adding CC was in TS2. That whole resource-file-core-mod stuff was ridiculous and half the time my tiny brain couldn't get it to work... Siiiigh. I dunno, EA, but you damn well better put horses in TS4, too. Also, please no rabbit holes. Loading screens > rabbit holes.

No comments:

Post a Comment